EnvirometriX is an innovation, research and consulting company with headquarters at the Agro Business Park, Wageningen, the Netherlands. We aim to become world experts in producing global and regional spatial predictions of soil, vegetation and meteo variables, by using High Performance Computing / optimisation and state-of-the-art Machine Learning.
EnvirometriX is looking for a project coordinator / research assistant (note: dual position) to help with managing and coordinating various European and international projects. Your field of activities would cover: providing administrative support as needed, helping with organizing time sheets, calendar planning, preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings, ensuring project deadlines are met, determining project changes, undertaking project tasks as required, organizing and coordinating meetings including logistical issues, organizing training sessions and workshops, communicating with companies, government agencies, helping with logistical planning, inputting and processing tabular data using Google docs and sheets, and generating documents and reports.
This is a position with dual appointment. You would spend about 40% of your time helping with project coordination, and 60% of your time assisting with data entry, pre-processing and visualization of project / scientific data. You would be employed by EnvirometriX BV, but will also be regularly appointed to assist the OpenGeoHub foundation work.
- You have a BSc/MSc degree in management support, financial management and/or project management; preferably with work experience in the agriculture, environmental or engineering industries,
- You have experience with project coordination, preferably experience with coordinating EU level research funding,
- You are competent at, and enjoy, entering and checking large sets of tabular data and doing financial calculations (budget planning, time planning, cost analysis),
- You have experience with working with cloud-/web-based solutions for project management and administration (Google Suite, Google docs),
- You are open to learning how to code (in R or Python) in order to automate processing of tabular data,
- You are fluent in English and Dutch,
- You are goal-oriented, meticulous, proactive and flexible,
- You are able to handle shifting priorities and adapt to new tasks accordingly.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Questions regarding this position can be directed to Tom Hengl, email: email@example.com
Applications, including (1) a CV, (2) a statement of your interest and vision, and (3) self-assessment based on the minimum requirements, should be uploaded via this link. Read more about the general submission procedure.
We offer a full time position for 1+ years, with possible extension, within a very stimulating international innovation and research environment. You will work in a dynamic work environment with enthusiastic colleagues usually from a variety of countries.
- Starting salary will be: €2.138 gross per month with possible bonuses of up to €1.200 per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary;
- Minimum of 29 holidays if in full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
We strongly encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with other colleagues. Flexi-hours and remote working is also possible.