Application Deadline: 29th of March 2020
Possible start date: 15th April 2020
Duration: 2+ years,
Job location: Agro Business Park 10, Wageningen
Bruto monthly salary: €2.780 gross per month (with possible bonuses; part-time appointments are possible)
Job type: communication and multimedia officer
Fields: communication, public relations, social media, design, multimedia production and management
Employer: OpenGeoHub Foundation
OpenGeoHub (Stichting OpenGeoHub) is a not-for-profit research foundation with headquarters at the Agro Business Park, Wageningen, the Netherlands. We aim to become world experts in producing global and regional spatial predictions of soil, vegetation and meteo variables, by using High Performance Computing / optimisation and state-of-the-art Machine Learning. We have done consultancy and data production work for: European Commission, UNCCD, The Nature Conservancy, Conservation International, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Our core philosophy is outlined in this document (see also our Medium article on OpenLandMap.org).
OpenGeoHub foundation is looking for an experienced communication and multimedia officer, with backgrounds in communication, Public Relations and/or multimedia management, to help with preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings, workshops, hackathons, help with developing and executing marketing and public relations campaigns, and social media management, identifying target audiences and execute strategies to engage audience(s), developing, supporting and promoting foundation goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach, developing and disseminating public relations materials that increase foundation’s visibility among stakeholders and lawmakers, building and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, investors and customer audiences that will help advance foundation’s work, and assisting with organizing training sessions and workshops. We also expect that you would have enough technical capacity to design, prepare, upload and edit shorter and longer video materials, prepare printed materials including posters, brochures and promotional materials.
You would work on data science problems within the OpenGeoHub’s current and future European Commission projects including “MOOD: MOnitoring Outbreak events for Disease surveillance in a data science context” (2020–2023) and “Geo-Harmonizer: EU-wide automated mapping system for harmonization of Open Data based on FOSS4G and Machine Learning” (2019–2022).
- You have an MSc degree or equivalent experience in the field of communications, marketing or similar field; combined with a background in multimedia management and design (Communication & Multimedia Design) would be welcomed,
- You have experience with preparing workshops, discussion panels, and media campaigns,
- You are familiar with video editing and artwork software (especially Inkscape, GIMP, KDE),
- You are familiar with the Content Management Systems (CMS),
- You enjoy designing professional video and printed materials,
- You are familiar with social and commercial media services and are able to prepare public releases, newsletters and similar,
- You are fluent in English,
- Dutch and C1 in French will be considered an advantage,
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Questions regarding this position can be directed to Tom Hengl, email: email@example.com
Applications, including (1) a CV, (2) a statement of your interest and vision, and (3) self-assessment based on the minimum requirements, should be uploaded via this link. Read more about the general submission procedure.
We offer a full time position for 2+ years, with possible extension, within a very stimulating international innovation and research environment. You will work in a dynamic work environment with enthusiastic colleagues usually from a variety of countries.
- Starting salary will be: €2.780 gross per month with possible bonuses of up to €1.200 per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary;
- Minimum of 29 holidays if in full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
We strongly encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with other colleagues. Flexi-hours and remote working is also possible.