At OpenGeoHub, Valentina implements communication and Public Relations work and assists with multimedia and web issues.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- preparing and executing public releases, media campaigns, newsletters, and similar,
- installing and maintaining websites, social media accounts, and discussion and communication platforms,
- communicating and representing OpenGeoHub and other affiliated businesses,
- helping with the organization of events including OpenGeoHub summer schools, hackathons, and workshops.
Valentina’s interests range from conservation ecology to science communication. After her MSc thesis in neotropical agroforestry systems, she trained in the use of media to make science and knowledge more accessible for the wider public. In her free time, Valentina coordinates a grass-root project that aims at promoting environmental sustainability through media and events across the community.
- MSc, Wageningen University, Forest and Nature Conservation , 2020
- BSc, University of Trieste, Environmental Science, 2016
- 2021–present: Communication and PR officer at OpenGeoHub Foundation
- 2020: Project and event officer at Wageningen University Youth in Landscape Forum (WUYLF), The Netherlands
- Sep 2019 – Mar 2020: Project and Communication officer at CEEweb for Biodiversity, Hungary
- Jul 2018 – Present: Project co-founder and communication coordinator at Trieste Senza Sprechi, Italy