Innovative governance, environmental observations and digital solutions in support of the European Green Deal
July 19 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 pm
Open-Earth-Monitor is a Horizon Europe project gathering a consortium of 23 organizations across Europe and beyond. The mission of the Open-Earth-Monitor project consortium is to significantly accelerate the uptake of environmental information to guide current and future users in research, decision-making and citizens toward the most sustainable solutions.
The consortium invites you to join the project launch in Wageningen (NL) & get to know the future activities, outputs and outstanding researchers part of the Open-Earth-Monitor project.
Registration is compulsory at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/open-earth-monitor-project-launch-tickets-324747728197
Deadline for registration: 1 June 2022
- 9:00 –10:30 | Open-Earth-Monitor 2022–2026 “Big Earth Observation Data and upcoming ESA and NASA missions” (Room C0222)
- 10:30 –11:00 |Coffee break
- 11:00 –12:30 |”From big EO data to decisions” and demo sessions (Eurodatacube, Sentinel-Hub, openEO, eumap, OpenLandMap) (Room C0222) by Tom Hengl (OpenGeoHub), Gilberto Camara (INPE-Brazile), Alexander Jacob (EURAC), Markus Reichstein (Max-Planck-Institute for Biogeochemistry)
- 12:30 –13:30 | Lunch (1st-floor cafeteria)
- 13: 30 –15:30 |”How to produce and release FAIR environmental data? A crash course”(Room C0222) by Leandro Parente (OpenGeoHub), Edzer Pebesma (ifGI, University of Muenster)
- 15:00 –15:30 | Coffee break
- 15:30 –17:00 | “Global and EU-scale environmental data infrastructures and monitoring initiatives in the context of the European Green Deal” (Room C0222)
- 17:00 – 17:30 | Discussion forum “How can EO and AI help deliver green new deal/ what could be the most cost-effective path — the win-win-win?” (Room C0222)
- 18:00-19:00 | Happy hour (Forum building)
- 19:30 – 22:00 | Closing dinner (TBD)