- This event has passed.
Open-Earth-Monitor Project Launch
July 17, 2022 - July 20, 2022
A cyberinfrastructure to accelerate the uptake of environmental information and help build user communities at European and global levels
- Horizon Europe > CL6-2021 > GOVERNANCE-01-16
- Date: July 17–20, 2022
- Location: Wageningen University Campus, Forum Building, room C222, Droevendaalsesteeg 2 Wageningen
- Official website: https://earthmonitor.org/
- Internal (for partners only)
- Prepare and launch basic infrastructure for the project management including: project website, initial communication and dissemination plan, a working project management system, common and public calendars (to add events, deadlines etc);
- Start doing the production work on first deliverables including: D1.1 Project governance guidelines, D1.2 Implementation plan 2022-2026 1st version, D1.3 Data Management Plan (DMP) 1st version;
- Announce the project publicly, collect initial feedback and start networking with potential partner projects and organizations;
- Announce the job openings and important project events in year 2022 and 2023;
- Initiate a newsletter (public + internal) and a Medium channel where all important blog posts will be published;
About Open-Earth-Monitor project
Open-Earth-Monitor is a Horizon Europe project gathering a consortium of 23 organizations with a total budget of about 13M EUR. The overall objective of the Open-Earth-Monitor is to build a FAIR-compliant cyberinfrastructure, based on the cloud-based implementation of open source software, to serve robust and generic data science tools to a diversity of European and global programmes and actions (e.g. European Green Deal actions, Copernicus Land Monitoring Programme, Copernicus Climate Change Service, GEOSS, Destination Earth and similar) for the ultimate purpose of increasing the health and quality of life of EU citizens now and into the future. Specific project objectives include:
- Produce an inventory of user needs, data and knowledge that will be used to develop a general framework for increasing uptake and accessibility/exploitability of environmental observation information.
- Design, implement and release an operational solution for processing and serving EO data, environmental in-situ-data, and AI, ML and HPC models (OEMC-computing-engine).
- Design, implement and release a suite of intuitive tools to enable targeted end-users to monitor the status of natural resources at European / Global scales and production of environmental B2B solutions.
- Design, implement and release a comprehensive and systematic platform to enhance the FAIRness (findability, accessibility, interoperability and reusability) of environmental observation data.
- Achieve notable and permanent improvement in access for European stakeholders to existing European and Global environmental observation data and actionable information.