At OpenGeoHub, Murat supports current and future European Commission-funded and other international projects where there is a need to develop econometric solutions and derive actual financial gains and risks. Murat develops user-interfaces (UIs) and interactive dashboards by coding. These UI’s would be used primarily to compute and visualize ecosystem services using state-of-the-art Environmental-Economic Accounting methodology.
Specific task include but are not limited to:
- Implementing original UI solutions for geospatial data, especially to visualize dynamic data,
- Developing code / functions to derive various aggregate parameters from data cubes in a semi-automated way,
- Producing production ready professional web-mapping apps and dashboards,
- Collecting feedback from users and improving UI solution to optimize usability,
- Packaging UI solutions and collaborating with professional web-designers and communication specialists,
Murat holds an MSc in Geological Engineering and has a background in geocomputation and has experience with digital mapping and data analysis and visualization.
MSc, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey (Geological Engineering)
BSc, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey (Geological Engineering)
- 2015-2023: Research Assistant, Department of Geological Engineering, Faculty of Mines, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey