- Installing and maintaining software on local, server and cloud platforms,
- Developing and testing new algorithms and approaches to predictive mapping and machine learning,
- Optimizing computing/minimizing production costs,
- Creating complete data sets, packaged software and software manuals, including tutorials for other researchers,
- Contributing to Open Source Software and Open Data communities through FOSS4G, R, Python and similar communities.
Martijn has a background in spatial analysis and machine learning, with emphasis on agricultural applications. After graduating from Utrecht University, he spent two years as a Python developer/data scientist in a remote sensing startup, where he learned to develop geospatial machine learning applications. He is currently a PhD candidate (Geo-information Science and Remote Sensing, Wageningen University) and a research assistant at OpenGeoHub. His tasks include designing and conducting research from experimental designs to scientific visualization and communication of science, importing and processing spatial and spatiotemporal data, and assisting in training courses and helping in the production of educational materials.
- 2020–present: PhD candidate & research assistant at OpenGeoHub Foundation,
- 2018–2020: Geo-ICT developer & data scientist at Eaglesensing BV.