At OpenGeoHub, Julia supports OpenGeoHub projects by designing, implementing, innovating and improving various components of various European and international projects.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- importing and processing spatial and spatiotemporal data with a special focus on Earth Observation data and applications
- installing and maintaining software on local, server, and cloud platforms
- developing and testing new algorithms and approaches to predictive mapping and machine learning
- optimizing computing / minimizing production costs
- creating complete data sets, packaged software and software manuals including tutorials for other researchers
- contributing to the Open Source Software and Open Data communities through FOSS4G, R, Python and similar communities
Julia has a background in geo-information science and crop science. After her graduation, she worked on environmental impact assessments and in GIS administration. At OpenGeoHub, Julia is a research assistant and PhD candidate (Geo-information Science and Remote Sensing, Wageningen University). Her tasks include designing and conducting research from experimental designs to scientific visualization and communication of science, importing and processing spatial and spatiotemporal data, assisting in training courses and helping in the production of educational materials.
- MSc, Geo-Information Science, Wageningen University & Research, 2020
- MSc, Crop Science, Rhenish Friedrich Wilhelm University of Bonn, 2017
- BSc, Biology, Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg, 2015
- May 2021 - April 2022: Research assistant at Gesellschaft für Freilandökologie und Naturschutzplanung mbH, Kiel, Germany
- October 2020 - April 2021: GIS administrator at Landratsamt Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald, Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany