The course fee for the OpenGeoHub 2020 Summer School is €550; this covers the costs of facilities, lunches and coffee breaks and travel costs for lecturers, and no profits are made. Participants from, and funded by, ODA countries and/or full time students (MSc and/or PhD) pay a subsidized fee of €340 as stated in the confirmation of participation letter sent to each participant. The course fees do not cover costs of accommodation. Information about accommodation possibilities is provided on the course website, and will be regularly updated.
All payments and refunds will be made in euros. Bank transfer costs need to be covered by the applicant.
For any questions about the payment and administrative issues please contact:
- firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +31 317 427537
All payments will be handled by OpenGeoHub. Bank transfers are preferred. The bank-transfer details are:
- Amount: €550,00 (if employed by an organization in ODA country and/or a full-time student: €340,00)
- Bank name: ING Bank
- Bank Address: NV Foreign Operations PO Box 1800, 1000BV, Amsterdam
- IBAN: NL18 INGB 0006 9889 34
- BIC (SWIFT): INGBNL2A
- Currency: EUR
- Identification text: SS2020 course fees for **your name**
You can also opt for a payment using Paypal (in which case you can also pay with Credit card):
Payment of the course fee must be completed before the dead-line of 1st of June 2020 (2nd round invitations).
While paying course fee, do not let your bank to discharge bank charges or transfer charges from final course fee. Bank charges need to be covered by the applicant / organization. Additional €200 needs to be covered by organizations that are not able to make payment within the given deadline for the administrative costs. Please indicate to the Summer School organizers if the transfer of money would be possible only after 1st of June 2020.
Printed invoice will be provided to you during the course. Invoices will be generated automatically using the information you have provided during registration.
Cancellations and refunds
All cancellations must be sent in writing via e-mail to 'email@example.com'. Expect confirmation of your cancellation within 3–5 days. We appreciate early notice about cancellation because the waiting list is long.
This is an event with a very tight budget which imposes some limitations on the refunding possibilities:
- refunding of the course fees is possible but only if a replacement (applicant on a waiting list) exists;
- the replacement must accept the terms and conditions of payment and cover the course fees within the given deadline;
- in the case of emergency, illness or death of registrant or immediate family member or similar tragic accident (not caused by the applicant), the organizers may refund the complete fees even if no replacement exists (to be decided by the organizing committee);
- in principle, no refunds will be issued for cancellations within 8 weeks of the beginning of the event;
In some cases, people cancel participation in the summer school at the last minute. Most frequently this happens due to two reasons: (1) registrant did not receive a visa or travel permit on time; (2) registrant has missed an airplane/train. In both cases the same refunding policies will apply (no refunding is possible). The only thing we can provide is a letter explaining the situation to your employer or university with a copy of this refunding policy. In the case of a late cancellation, we can also offer waived registration fees for the next summer school (2021). Please make this clear to your budget holder before the beginning of the summer school.
In the case the event is cancelled for security reasons such as the Coronavirus outbreak or similar, all participants will be offered to participate in the postponed event or be refunded. The bank transfer costs in all cases must be covered by the participants.