At OpenGeoHub, Leandro supports the foundation’s current and future European Commission-funded and other international projects where there is a need to develop new solutions for geocomputing, optimize and automate modeling frameworks and deliver scientific outputs.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to developing code and datasets that aim at:
- Increasing mapping accuracy of automated predictive mapping,
- Developing fully automated methods of spatial prediction,
- Organizing prediction comparisons using large Earth Observation data sets (Sentinel, Landsat),
- Implementing parallelization in cluster or cloud solutions (Google Earth Engine, Amazon AWS, OVH)
Leandro obtained his doctoral degree in Environmental Sciences in 2019 and has a background in computer science and business administration. At OpenGeoHub, Leandro is a post-doctoral researcher. Besides the above-mentioned tasks, his function also includes the publication of results in peer-reviewed journals, training and workshops, and supervision of junior staff.
- Doctorate, Federal University of Goiás, Brazil (Environmental Sciences)
- MBA, Getúlio Vargas Foundation, Brazil (Project Management)
- MSc, Federal University of Goiás, Brazil (Environmental Sciences)
- BSc, Federal University of Goiás, Brazil (Computer Science)
- 2020–present: Post-doctoral researcher OpenGeoHub Foundation,
- 2015–2020: Research Associate, Federal University of Goiás (LAPIG/UFG), Brazil,
- 2014: UNESCO consultant, Brazil,
- 2013–2014: Full-stack developer, Ampla Fiscal Intelligence LTDA, Brazil,
- 2012–2013: Full-stack developer, CUIA Internet Services LTDA, Brazil