At OpenGeoHub, Carson is the administrative assistant for the Open Earth Monitor Cyberinfrastructure (OEMC) project, and helps to manage OpenGeoHub’s various other European and international projects.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and serving as point of contact for the 21 organization consortium in the OEMC project
- Managing and updating project management systems, monitoring KPIs and deliverables
- Moderating meetings and conferences
- Making contacts with potential partners, funding agencies, and clients
Carson has a background in sustainable agriculture, international development, and climate policy. She is interested in the intersection of the natural environment with human rights and social and environmental justice. Before coming to the Netherlands, she volunteered with the Peace Corps in Senegal, and worked for a New York City based non-profit focused on youth and sustainable community economic development.
- MPA in Environmental Science and Policy from Columbia University, 2021
- BA in International Development, McGill University, 2013
- July, 2022 - Present: Project Manager and Project Coordinator Assistant at OpenGeoHub, Wageningen, Netherlands
- October 2020 - October 2021: Researcher Assistant at the International Research Institute for Climate & Society, New York, USA
- April 2017 - April 2020: Field Team Leader / Program Manager at Green City Force, New York, USA
- September 2013 - December 2016: Sustainable Agriculture Extension Agent / Media & Communication Coordinator at Peace Corps Senegal, Kolda Region / Dakar, Senegal
“Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh