Beatriz Sarabia Jiménez
At OpenGeoHub, Beatriz specializes in event management, strategic communications, PR and business development for various European projects that deal with topics ranging from environmental science and soil health to health science and ecosystem restoration. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Organizing and assisting in the implementation of hybrid and in-person (international) events, such as project meetings and conferences, science webinars and interviews.
- Contributing to coordination of the communication team, organizing and executing workflows, strategizing media campaigns.
- Executing market analysis, mapping key actors and end-users; supporting OpenGeoHub business strategies with the aim of increasing the visibility and online presence of the organization through the development of creative and targeted communication and/or marketing strategies.
Beatriz’s background is related to Social Communication and Journalism with a strong background in public and private sector external communications. Her main interests are bound to social fairness, natural and economic resources distribution, policy making and climate change action.
- MSc, Communication Science, University of Amsterdam, 2021
- Bachelors in Social Communication and Journalism, Universidad Externado de Colombia, 2017
- April 2023 - Present: Event Manager and PR Communications Officer
- July 2020 - November 2020: Marketing Communications Project Manager at Gobernación del Chocó
- December 2019 - May 2020: Volunteer as Internal Communication Advisor at San Pedro Claver Human Rights Sanctuary
- August 2018 - September 2019: Advertising Account Executive at VMLY&R Colombia
- February 2017 - June 2018: PR Communications Account Executive at C Comunica Colombia